Supplies and services
Organic chicken and vegetable rice bowl
The fragrant aromas of ginger and orange in this recipe bring out something special in the chicken breasts. Combined with the wonderfully nutty taste and texture of the brown rice this makes a lunchtime meal that is hard to beat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet or wok; stir fry chicken until lightly browned; remove.
- In same skillet heat remaining oil; stir fry vegetables and ginger 4 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Combine chicken stock, orange juice and zest, soy sauce and cornstarch in bowl and stir until smooth.
- Add to skillet, stirring constantly. Boil 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in chicken and cook until heated through.
- Spoon over or toss with hot rice.
Makes 6 servings. Each serving provides 300 calories, 21 grams protein, 8 grams fat, 35 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams dietary fiber, 53 milligrams cholesterol and 707 milligrams sodium.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless, organic chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 each yellow and red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 (14-ounce) can low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups hot cooked organic brown rice
Keywords: orange chicken, organic chicken, organic olive oil, organic vegetables, organic recipe
Learn holistic techniques that nurture the soil and bring your garden back to life.
Growing vegetables in containers is becoming an increasingly popular hobby. ...more
Virtually unheard of in American gardens 50 years ago, broccoli is now a cool-weather ...more
Home-grown organic carrots are simply fantastic. They taste far superior to ...more
When raised according to the ill-founded principles of intensive agriculture, ...more
New medical students are frequently surprised to learn that, excluding the digestive ...more
Beauticians and cosmetic consultants will frequently classify an individual’s ...more
Michael Dimock is the President of Roots of Change (ROC), a collaborative network ...more
Alain Gracianette is the Chair of Marylhurst University’s MBA Department. ...more
Greg Christian is a successful chef, educator, and director. More importantly, ...more
- back to top
Products A - F
Products G - Z